EU launches 'Nirmanshree' for Maharashtra and Odisha Women in Housing Sector

Aug 17, 2020

EU launches 'Nirmanshree' for Maharashtra and Odisha Women in Housing Sector

European Union has launched the project 'Nirmanshree' for enhancing the women's skill towards the housing construction sector. The project will be implemented in Beed and Osmanabad districts of Maharashtra and the Dhenkanal and Jajpur districts of Odisha. The total cost of the project is EUR 9,49,694.
90% of funds are provided by the EU and the remaining 10% will be issued by Habitat for Humanity India. 3,000 women will be trained for technical and entrepreneurial skills in the housing sector such as masonry, plumbing, and electrical fitting, among others.